Preparing for a family trip requires a lot of planning. This includes deciding what to take with you. Planning can decrease the chances of crime against you. Some tips on how to prepare include:
- Carry your purse close to your body or your wallet in an inside front pocket.
- Clean out your wallet or purse before you go. Plan to use credit cards or traveler's checks instead of cash wherever possible.
- Expensive, designer luggage can draw unneeded attention to your belongings. Pack your things in inconspicuous bags.
- Keep a separate record of the contents of checked luggage. Keep anything of value such as medicine and jewelry in a carry-on that stays with you.
- Pack as lightly as possible.
- Take precautions when loading and unloading your car.